Sim Owner: ConvergenceGM Resident (Vergie). Owns the sim, sim treasurer, queen of ducks.
Head of Ducks (and Admins):Zekkiel Zerundi. Lead administrator, Manages the staff, final arbiter of player issues and questions, maker of awful dad-jokes.
Lord of Alpacas (and 2IC Administrator):Pryar Kirax. Second-in-command. Advisor to sim owner and staff. Wearer of many hats, most of which are fancy, including assisting in adjudications and STing.
Main Admin Manager:Batedbreath Resident. Third-in-Command. Head of Applications and XP. Personal assistant and rememberer of things.
Adjudication & Rental Admins: ConvergenceGM Resident,Batedbreath Resident, Pryar Kirax, Zekkiel Zerundi, Julienbrimstone Resident, Adjudicate escalated problems between players and decides on the appropriate course of action. Deal with trolls and griefers. Banhammer. Also are tasked with helping new renters get set, policing prims, notifying people when rentals are available, assisting with Casperlet management. They do the adding and removing people from the land group.
Will process applications and assist people in completing their applications. Will also do some work processing forms and other requests.
XP Handlers:Daeberethwen Arbenlow, Shynne Nirvana, Thatguy176 Ball, little0leprechaun Resident, Grigori Shostakovich
Will process XP requests and expenditures, and answer questions relating to XP. Will also do some work processing forms and other requests.
Webpage, Scripting and HUD Management Admin:Kairixian Moonshadow Secondary Webpage Admin, developer & maintainer of the CV HUD and XP Framework. Although optional, the HUD designed by our Scripting admin allows everyone on the sim to know the weather and phase of the moon. Additionally, it gives you (should you need one), a post-order tracker, dice, and a titler. It's also going to keep track of census data and XP. Also -- Magnificent Glow Cloud powers.
Rental Manager:Eve Gaelyth The Rental admin can assist people looking to set up rentals or make changes to their rentals. She can invite renters to the land group and return items in abandoned rentals as well.
Mentors:Andariel Lycomedes, Yazz Skytower, Willowfinn Rossini, Gavin Dionysus, Suntaici Resident (Head Mentor:Meynara Resident)Mentors are those people officially designated to help people create apps and find the info they need on the website. They will help by answering questions both in OOC chat and in the landing zone. If you have questions about lore or rules, or about how to do something in CV, push the big MENTOR button in the OOC zone for help!
Leaders will be in charge of a particular faction and/or Race IC. Your goal is to drive RP and conflict within the sim. Faction Leads will delegate tasks, run faction events, direct attention towards plots, and generally help players develop interesting and compelling stories. Faction Leads will work intimately with the Storytellers.
Shifter / Vesh Varekai Lead:Willowfinn Rossini Mutant / The Union Lead: Eve Gaelyth Vampire / House of the Blue Lotus Lead: Alric Bravin
Underkin / The Cabal Lead: Ares Afterthought
Mages / Liber Libelum Lead: Tristan Flinders
Fae / Ebon Hollow Lead: Imrie Quan Night Market/Razors Lead: Skinfiend Resident
When we are looking at staff members, we look largely at the following qualities: How long have they been here? What is their knowledge of the lore? What is their commitment to the sim? What past positive OOC interactions have we had? What past negative OOC interactions have we had? How well will they be able to integrate into our staff team? Do they have the capacity to handle a leadership role OOC? Do they have the RP maturity to push the faction's RP forward IC, even if their character is not necessarily a leader themselves?
In order to facilitate fairness, all admin positions will need to be applied for before they can be given. Applications should include the following:
--Your SL Name:
--Characters played in CV:
--Your RL Age:
--Position being applied for:
--Previous Admin Experience:
--The amount of time, weekly, you believe you can dedicate to the position:
--Your schedule (when you are usually on SL):
--Why you think you'd be good for the position:
--What you intend to do with the position (this is mostly for the Promotion Admin, Event Admin, Storytellers, and Faction leaders):
These questions should be submitted on a NC to ConvergenceGM Resident and Zekkiel Zerundi.
1) Convergence: TLC admins will need to have a Skype account which they will check regularly. We will be creating a running chat room on Skype so that communication between admins can be facilitated. It will only be text-based and does not require a microphone or camera.
2) Convergence: TLC admins will get a power bonus to the character of their choice. This is a small payment for their hard work and dedication to the sim, because truthfully, being an admin is largely a shitty job. Should they step down or be removed from the position, this will no longer be available to them, and they will take a power reduction to their character.
3) Admins may hold more than one job provided they are able to do both well and keep things separate if necessary.
4) Staff Will be Expected to Follow the Staff Code of Ethics:
1) Staff are to handle every situation as fairly and with as little bias as they can.
2) Staff are to be civil and patient with the players, even if their answers are, by necessity, brief.
3) If tensions become high, staff are encouraged to ask players to "step away" from the game for 24 hours. And, if necessary, to do so themselves. Things are often easier with a new perspective.
4) Staff are expected to, when possible (though it is not always possible) recuse themselves from adjudicating issues which relate very directly to their own characters.
5) Staff are expected to guard player privacy when discussing issues, and not to "out" alts, even to other staff, if at all possible. (Though on occasion, it is necessary for the resolution of disciplinary issues.)
6) Staff are discouraged from gossiping, especially negatively, about other staff members or players ESPECIALLY in public channels. Gossip is different from discussing problems, in that it is sensational and malicious, rather than an attempt to correct a known problem.
7) Staff are to inform the Head Admin if they need to take an extended leave of absence from their position.
8) Staff are asked not to discuss confidential sim business or player issues on social networks.
9) Staff members who play characters are expected to do their best to not metagame based on information they may know due to their staff position.
10) Staff are encouraged to take breaks as necessary. RL comes first.
11) Above all, staff are expected to behave like adults.
12) At Convergence: TLC - Ducks are not allowed to be admins.