1) OOC AGE: You must be 18 or older to play on this sim. The rating here is Adult.
2) NUDITY: Nudity is fine in IC areas, as long as you remember that running around naked may have interesting consequences for your character. Nudity is PROHIBITED in the Landing Area. (We generally request that you treat the Landing Area as if it were Moderate rather than Adult rated.)
3) OBSERVER TAG: An application must be submitted AND APPROVED before playing at Convergence: The Lost City. Observers may wear an observer tag and visit the sim, so long as they remain silent in local chat and unobtrusive. The Observer Tag will be available at the landing point. Please respect the wishes of the players. If you are asked not to observe a specific scene, please withdraw from chat range. A note for players: Most scenes which happen out in the general RP area are not to be considered 'private'. Allowing observers to witness scenes often helps to encourage new people to join the sim, and makes a broader and more interesting story for us all. If possible, please do not discourage the observers.
4) OOC GROUP: Please feel free to join the Convergence OOC group to ask any questions you may have: secondlife:///app/group/a8c6de82-3e40-1adf-641e-5e3858131660/about
5) NUMBER OF CHARACTERS: Players may have as many characters as they wish, but are asked to please only app one per month, so as to keep the load on the app-handlers from becoming overwhelming. You may play multiple characters on one account so long as you use a RP Tool and change your character's appearance to fit the character you are playing.
6) SO IS IT SUNNY OR WHAT? There is a daytime, but it is somewhat subdued. Convergence does not get much brighter than early sunset due to a magical dome covering the city which provides some minor magical protection, air filtering, and filters out enough sunlight that vampires may move about during the day. However, should vampires leave the city, they will catch fire if they are outside during the day. 7) READ THE LORE:Before creating a character, please read the associated lore. At the VERY LEAST read your race file and the main "Lore" section at: http://convergence.enjin.com/
8) WEBPAGE: To reiterate the webpage is: http://convergence.enjin.com/ You will need an account in order to play, as you will need access to your Character Sheet there.
9) CODE OF CONDUCT: Players must follow the Player Code of Conduct:
1) Players are encouraged to "take it to IMs" to work things out. Everyone who plays here should be 18 or older, and therefore, able to resolve 95% of their problems without the interference or assistance of staff.
2) Players are encouraged to be patient and civil with the staff, and to always remember that they give their time to this project without pay or accolade.
3) Players are expected to guard the privacy of other players and not to "out" alts, even to the staff, if at all possible. (Though, on occasion, it is necessary for the resolution of issues.) Players are NEVER to give out the personal real life information of others, including name, location, gender, phone numbers, etc.
4) Players are discouraged from gossiping about other players and staff.
5) Players are expected to do their best not to godmode in scenes or metagame based on information they may know from other characters or other players.
6) Players are encouraged to take breaks as necessary. RL comes first.
10) ADMIN/LEADER CODE OF CONDUCT:Admins and staff are expected to follow the Player Code of Conduct in addition to the Admin Code of Conduct. This code will be listed in the Admin rules document also on thiswebpage. 11) TOS:Players are to, at all times, follow the guidelines and rules of Second Life and the TOS. Yeah. Well, you know.We havetosayit.
12) NO CHILD AVATARS - Any avatar that appears too young will be asked to leave or to change to a different avatar.
13) ISSUE ESCALATIONshould be done thusly:
a) Talk to the other person in IMs and attempt to work the situation out rationally and calmly. If this can not resolve it, then make a NC describing the situation to the best of your ability.
b) Open an Adjudication Ticket with as many details as possible.
c) NOTE: The above escalation procedure should be bypassed and Zekkiel Zerundi, Pryar Kirax, Malthris Resident or BatedBreath Resident should be contacted immediately in the following situations: sim-griefing, underage players, underage-looking avatars, and safety/privacy concerns (such as release of personal information via sim communication channels). If any one of the four admins mentioned above is online, contact them immediately, otherwise send an NC to all four.
14) RACES: There are ten major races, and two minor ones. We will, on occasion, accept "original races" if the writeup is spectacular and the race fits with the lore.Checkwithanadminbeforedoingyourwriteuptosee if yourconceptwillevenbeconsidered. We will also accept original races for transfer characters from the old Convergence and Exile sims IF they can be made to fit the Convergence: The Lost City lore. (See the main Lore document for information.)
15) GENERAL APPEARANCE: All avatars are expected to have a "human" guise. All races except robots have the ability to look generally human, and those which do not hide themselves carefully, which is important because we have hunters and other races that would probably want to KILL you if they knew you were a supernatural, and because it is one of the main laws of the Consortium.
In addition, many characters will have a Supernatural guise. This is your horned, bat-winged, purple-skinned fae form. (OR whatever). Supernatural guises may not be taller than 15ft. and no wider than a diameter of 6ft. If you need an exception, contact an ST. Avatars should be generally "realistic" looking. We do not acceptoverlycartoonishavatars, which includes most "furry" avatars. We apologize, but they simply do not fit with the theme of our sim.
No child avatars, even if the child is 5000 years old IC. We reserve the right to deny distracting looking avatars.
16) DRESS CODE: There are different modes of dress you can get away with in Convergence. For the most part, this sim's story takes place in 2022, on Earth, following a major disaster which has spanned two to three years. Modern clothing, clothing which is post-apoc, and clothing with a "future" feel is welcomed. Additionally, those supernaturals who are from a past time may choose to wear historical clothing, though they run the risk of having their identities found out. Convergence, in general, also has a mildly late Victorian, early Edwardian, steampunk feel, and clothing from these eras are considered very "in fashion" for high society types. There is additionally a lot of Asian/Japanese clothing due to the Silk District.
17) LAGGY THINGS: Your character is beautiful and has many lovely attachments...and that will lag us severely. Please set as many scripts as you can on your avatar to "not running". Scripted pets must be approved before use. People who have the rights to rez items should turn off or remove all non-essential scripts when not in use. Check the lag-meter at the landing point to see how badly you are lagging. We reserve the right to ask overly-laggy people to change or leave.
18) ROLEPLAY LIMITS: Please be as respectful as possible of each other's Roleplay Limits, which we request to be added to a profile pick if they are to be known and used. Roleplay limits do not allow your character to avoid the consequences of their actions. If you piss off a giant warform shifter, you can't say, "No shifter rape in revenge; it's in my limits". You may, however, ask for that scene to be done FTB (Fade To Black.) It happened, it just wasn't acted out. Players who do this too often will often find that people stop playing with them.
19) GODMODING AND METAGAMING: As always, these are to be avoided. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave. We do not have the time or ability to list out every type of metagaming there is, but some standard ones include: a) using OOC obtained information IC, b) avoiding consequences for your IC actions through OOC means, c) interacting or passing information directly between your alts. We also do not allow people to play their own blood relatives as PCs in MOST cases - offscreen NPCing is fine.
20) PARAGRAPH RP: RP here is of the "paragraph" style. If you find that your posts are generally less than twenty-five words, you will definitely not fit in here. We ask that players attempt to follow a posting order whenever possible. If you must step away from your keyboard, a (brb) or (afk) in the local channel is polite.
21) ALTS AND ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS:You may app one alt every calendar month. This is to keep habitual character-makers from overwhelming our app-handlers with characters. If one of your characters is on the same avatar as the previous character (so that you are playing two characters on one avatar), the admins will need to know so that they can flag your account to be added to the Immersion HUD's census program twice. Additionally, if you have two characters on the same avatar, your avatar will still only have a 4 point per month XP cap. Your XP cap will NOT increase, as it is set PER AVATAR, not PER CHARACTER. However, you may gain XP on either character and use it on either character. We prefer if alts have no association with each other to preclude metagaming. YOU MAY NOT SHARE YOUR CHARACTER WITH OTHER PLAYERS.
22) CHARACTER SOURCE AND COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL: Convergence does not allow character concepts, names, or lore, that is pulled from copyrighted material. This includes novels, comic books, anime, television, movies, etc. We do not allow representations of current celebrities, or major famous historical figures. However, your character may be associated with a famous historical figure or possibly related to them, at the discretion of the staff.
23) DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY:Places can be destroyed or damaged. Here is the breakdown:
a) Minor damage. (Window broken. Door kicked off its hinges. Dumping trash on the doorstep. Theft under $200.) This can be done without permission, but you MUST notify the person who owns the business or faction headquarters after the fact. Personal residences (faction hqs are not considered personal residences) are excluded from minor damage without permission of the owner. If people start getting ridiculous and kicking the doors off of places just for show, this leniency will be removed.
b) Moderate damage. (Fire, trashing the place, major theft. Breaking and entering into a personal residence.) You must get permission of the person who ICly owns the place so that they can coordinate the aftermath. They are free to refuse if they believe you have no valid IC reason to cause that much destruction.
c) Destruction: Complete destruction of a place beyond repair requires admin approval and a good IC reason for it.
Additionally, those who wish to do property damage or things that will affect a number of unknown people (such as poisoning the punch) at a scheduled event MUST get the permission of the host or hostess BEFORE the event begins. They are perfectly within their rights to turn down destruction at their event, since events require much time, planning and even money to put on.