- Juniperians in general do not have middle names.
- Last name is a place name, indicating where they are from.
- Last name is always prefixed by Ai’ , an old Astori word meaning ‘of’.
- Names tend to be melodic and avoid harsh sounds at all costs.
- Profession often used as a prefix to name.
- Names tend to sound ‘clicky’.
- Names tend to contain ‘hissing’ letter combinations
- Shared middle name between all clutch mates. This is a tradition not always practiced anymore.
- Tend to sound ‘elfish’.
- Conformity is important to the Vak. Names that stand out are avoided.
- Courtesy name: Name traditionally granted in a coming of age ceremony. Is used before the first name, as a pairing. Incredibly rude to skip it unless you are of a higher station than the Vak. Sign of respect if someone from a higher station uses it. Some modern Vak consider this an old fashioned thing to do, and ignore the tradition.