4 replies
Leo
Approved
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Approved
It's been a joy and a privilege to play here. I don't want to lose the ties I've made, and I still want to weave brand new stories with everyone. I'm still going to be around, even if it's not on Convergence; please don't hesitate to message me or add friends.
There will be other doors to open; here's to finding new ones, alone or together.

Khitzu Darkfury
Discord: Khitzu#9700
Posted Nov 23, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Approved
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Approved
I said it in OOC chat, but I want to say it here as well, but in more detail:

CV was more than just some sim. I found it ~5 years ago during a very abusive relationship. Meeting the people I did, gave me the strength to move on from that relationship, to escape. I've made lifelong friends here, met some of them in real life, gone on grand adventures with them both in the virtual worlds we explored together, as well as the real.

CV has been my home, even while I was away from SL, and will forever hold a very special place in my heart.

Z has said it many times in many different ways, that we're not just an RP sim, we're a community. That is and likely always will be 100% true. Many, including myself, have found something in this beautiful universe so carefully crafted by Z and Pry to allow them to get over, escape, or make it through something.

As Leo said, we'll find other doors to open, and we'll get to weave and craft so many other stories, both together and with new fresh faces.

Miire Edenflower
MemeMonitor#0420
Posted Nov 23, 18
List
Undo
Approved
Votes:
+660
Level 8
LEVEL 8
Approved
Thank you, Z and Pry. Before CV, RP in SL had become a joyless grind. I was burnt out, I was dissatisfied, and I was starving. I chalked it up to ennui from being in-world since 2007. CV was more than a breath of fresh air, it was the creative outlet I was desperately craving. I had never dared dream such a place, such a community, built on the concept of consent, cooperation, and balance, existed in Second Life. I was a little leery at first, not sure how to translate the Artisan into a form suitable for Convergence, but that was a hurdle I willingly dove over.

Thank you, Rann, for convincing me to check out CV. You picked a great day for it and I was eager for ANY change of scenery. Without the push you gave me, I don't think I would have discovered what has been the greatest source of creative energy I have had for the last 3+ years.

Thank you, Application Handlers, XP Handlers, Mentors, Storytellers, and Kai. I didn't thank you enough. I couldn't thank you enough for the dedication you showed, the time you volunteered. You all deserve so much more credit than you received day-to-day.

Thank you everyone who played a wraith, medium, or necromancer, or was part of the Pale Empire Garrison, the Cemetery Nightwatch, the funeral home and cemetery staff, Ars Moriendi (both iterations), or the Brethren of Thanatos. Thank you for putting up with my 'on the fly' style of storytelling. I'll be honest; I usually only had an idea, rarely a fully fleshed out scene, before running an event. I liked the spontaneity of playing off the characters and allowing plot to unfold organically. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did and I am forever grateful for the faith and interest that was shown in my character and plot ideas.

I have but one regret... I was so close to level 4 Necromancy. A mere week away when the announcement came. Then I was going to try for the third level of Light Magic. :)
Posted Nov 26, 18 · Last edited Nov 26, 18 by Ascilia En...
List
Undo
Zekkiel ao
Approved
Votes:
+2,688
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Admins
Online on Site
Staff
Apps
Approved
Adjudicator
Storyteller
Events
Well, it's little consolation, but I grant you Necromancy 4. You can consider yourself the only player to have achieved it before the sim closed.

Thank you all for always being such great players and pillars of our community!
-Z

Now with more purple flavor!
Posted Dec 5, 18 · Last edited Dec 5, 18 by Zekkiel
List
Undo
Approved
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Approved
It'll be rough transitioning to a post-CV world. It's been a long while since I've enjoyed a community. The community and sim sort of fell to my default foundation of life, with giving me something to think about and do when nothing else was happening. Hopefully people will remain active in discord, and a smooth transition to another point in their life.

Wish I could write a longer post but I've never really been a writer. CV was a nice stable default for me for nearly the last three years, and it'll be rough to see it's gone. It's was nice, even if it frustrated me at times, it still gave me more joy than anything else, and I'm sure many felt the same.
Posted Dec 6, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices