Because there is no police force, laws are hard to enforce. They tend to be enforced by each faction in their area, or regarding their particular resources. However, Starry did set forth a couple of laws. These laws are enforced by ZigNet drones. The drones wander all of the area inside the dome, and often take on shapes which make them unrecognizable in their setting. For instance, a ZigNet drone might disguise itself as a hummingbird when in the Depths. In the Tear, inexplicably, they are often disguised as wandering ducks. Unfortunately, drones do not catch all violations of the law, and do not move into non-public areas. These are the only laws the enforce:
1) Humans may not be put in mortal danger. Minor injury to a human is permissible, but anything which is seen to be an "immediate endangerment of human life" is punishable with temporary exile from the dome. Repeated endangerment of human life may result in permanent exile or worse. Splicing is dangerous and, therefore, forbidden not just to humans, but to all
2) The vital infrastructure of the city may not be damaged. This includes portals, the Blink Engine, the structure of Fornax station, water reservoirs including the Well, the Dome, and ZigNet.
3) Weapons or magic may not be developed or discharged which would target a significant sector of the population. For instance, a bomb that kills all Faemorii.
4) All enslavement must be voluntary and non-permanent, except in the case of those found repeatedly guilty of violation of law. Criminals may be temporarily enslaved as an alternative to exile in some cases.
5) Magic which fundamentally breaks the universe is RIGHT OUT. Only licensed Portalcrafters are allowed to operate within the city. Chronomancy and Fatecraft are not to be practiced within the city.
6) None shall be made to worship gods against their will, though those faithful by their own desire may do so.
7) The above laws may only be amended or added to by a unanimous vote of the leadership of the factions, or a special session vote of the population as determined by ZigNet Core.