1) All applications for Staff are considered assuming the position being applied for is currently open. Note that these applications may be discussed with the entire staff, though we will attempt to redact any alt information or other information.
2) In order to apply for Staff at Convergence: The Lost Planet, you should be at least 21. If you are under 21, but are 18 or older, you are free to RP at our sim. Exceptions to the 21 rule may be made by the sim owners.
3) Staff members are given 2xp a month for their job, not to go above the normal cap of 5xp per month that all players have. They are also given a SMALL point bonus to apply to ONE character, which they may retain after their position ends only if they leave in good standing and have held the position for a decent amount of time (usually 6 months).
5) Many times, people wonder why they were not chosen to join the staff. There can be many reasons. We discuss many things when deciding who will fill a position. This includes many of the following things, depending on the position in question: Their behavioral history at Convergence, the capacity for responsibility and leadership they have shown, their ability to push RP, their ability as a communicator, their ability to interact with others, levels of diligence and 'stick-to-it-iveness', their knowledge of the sim history and lore, length of time as a player, and their ability to work as a team. We also may reject someone because we know their presence will cause disruption and tenseness within the staff team. This doesn't mean that they are a bad person, or we dislike them, simply that personalities will likely come into conflict, and that is not condusive to our team functioning. That's a lot of things though, and nobody tends to have ALL of these qualities, so don't worry when applying.
6) Being on staff is hard work, but at the same time, a lot of fun sometimes. But, don't apply for this if you just like having a position of power. That's not how we roll at CV.
Open Staff Positions:
1) Storyteller - An ST is someone who helps come up with and run plots, stories, and NPCs to keep the story of CV flowing. STs also work on requests for information, research, and new items that players may want to get approved. ST is a position that someone with a lot of imagination can really sink their teeth into, but it's also something that requires a lot of discipline, responsibility, and the ability to adapt to player actions. You will be working under the head ST, Malthris Resident.
2) Application Handler - Become a part of our crack team of the hardest working application handlers in SL! Application handlers look at applications and work with getting new characters approved to play at Convergence. The work is not overwhelming or constant, but does require a little time each day or every other day to handle a few applications. Someone with a good knowledge of CV lore and systems would have the easiest time, but even moderate knowledge would be fine. You can be trained! You will be working under the head Application Handler, Shynne Nirvana.